Dolphin Swim Programs in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dolphin Swim Programs
Dolphin swim programs are popular activities in Jamaica; there are three locations on the island if you want to take part.
Dolphin Lagoon Half Moon. Under the same management as the public Dolphin Cove attractions in Ocho Rios and Negril, this operation offers a private dolphin experience. Dolphin Lagoon Half Moon is open to guests of Half Moon resort as well as others by arrangement. The packages available include a swim with the dolphins for US$155 and a beach encounter for US$89. Half Moon Resort, North Coast Hwy., 7 mi (11 km) east of Montego Bay, Montego Bay. 876/953–2211. www.halfmoon.com.
Dolphin Cove Ocho Rios. This company offers dolphin swims as well as lower-price dolphin encounters for ages eight and up; dolphin touch programs for ages six and over; or simple admission to the grounds, which also includes a short nature walk. Programs cost between US$49 and US$214, depending on your involvement with the dolphins. Advance reservations are advised. North Coast Hwy., adjacent to Dunn's River Falls, Box 21, Ocho Rios. 876/974–5335. www.dolphincovejamaica.com.
Dolphin Cove Negril. This dolphin-swim program, related to the one in Ocho Rios, is on the outskirts of Lucea in Hanover, between Negril and Montego Bay. Lucea. 876/974–5335. www.dolphincovejamaica.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's