Dolphin Swim Programs in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dolphin Swim Programs
Although not to everyone's liking, dolphin swim programs are nevertheless popular activities in Jamaica, and there are a few operations on the island where you can take part. Dolphin lovers find three well-run options on Jamaica's North Coast.
Dolphin Lagoon Half Moon. Under the same management as the public Dolphin Cove attractions in Ocho Rios and Negril, this operation offers a private dolphin experience. Dolphin Lagoon Half Moon is open to guests of Half Moon resort as well as others by arrangement. The packages available include a swim with the dolphins for US$155 and a beach encounter for US$89. Half Moon Resort, North Coast Hwy., 7 mi (11 km) east of Montego Bay, Montego Bay. 876/953-2211. www.halfmoon.com.
Dolphin Cove Ocho Rios. This company offers dolphin swims as well as lower-price dolphin encounters for ages eight and up; dolphin touch programs for ages six and over; or simple admission to the grounds, which also includes a short nature walk. Programs cost between US$49 and US$214, depending on your involvement with the dolphins. Advance reservations are advised. North Coast Hwy., adjacent to Dunn's River Falls, Box 21, Ocho Rios. 876/974-5335. www.dolphincovejamaica.com.
Dolphin Cove Negril. This dolphin-swim program, related to the one in Ocho Rios, is on the outskirts of Lucea in Hanover, between Negril and Montego Bay. Lucea. 876/974-5335. www.dolphincovejamaica.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $599 & up -- Jamaica Trip w/Air; Kids Stay Free, $490 Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com