- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Bonifierie/Ti café
La Bonifierie/Ti café Review
When it comes to the island's coffee and chocolate experiences, this place takes the cake. Within the attractive complex comprised of fieldstone and wooden colonial houses (c. 1760), there's a display case for the truffles, chocolate candies, and confections. They are created from 100% local products, including cacao and tropical fruits. The French chocolatier produces excellent chocolate. Call ahead and ask to be part of a group that is taught how to make candy bars and then enjoys a Franco-Caribbean buffet with tastings of island rum. The sophisticated courtyard café has a contemporary menu. The beef, like the coffee, is grown on the plantation.
- Address: Section Morin Rte. de Morin, St-Claude, Basse-Terre 97120
- Phone: 0590/80–06–05
- Cost: Free; guide tour €10; candy-making cost varies
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 10–4:30.
- Location: Basse-Terre
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I know there are not many (any!) trip reports about Guadeloupe on this board, so I feel compelled to post a report with the highlights of a recent trip to the island. We started with 2 nights in Bouillante Read more
I am planning a trip for me boyfriend and I for the last week in March into April...roughly 6-8 days. I'm torn between these three islands although if someone has a suggestions I haven't mentioned please Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more