- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Porte des Indes
La Porte des Indes Review
Dining here is truly a departure: the open-air pergola, the blue gates, the pungent aromas, and the bust of Ganesha. Within the paisley-covered menu you can find authentic Indian dishes alongside such adaptations as boneless curried chicken with crème fraîche, cashews, and raisins. Vegetarian are catered to here, and an eggplant puree is one of the better options. Children may fill up on the addictive Indian cheese naan bread and be too stuffed for kulfi, Indian ice cream that's topped here with ginger confit. The welcome here is always warm, and the service dignified. The Indian chef-owner has a culinary degree from Paris and worked for years in France. Consistently good, La Porte's perennial popularity means that on weekends you really should make reservations.
- Address: Desvarieux, St-François, Grande-Terre 97118
- Phone: 0590/21–30–87
- Location: Grande-Terre
- Closed mid-Sept.–mid-Oct. and Mon. No lunch Tues.–Sat. No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I know there are not many (any!) trip reports about Guadeloupe on this board, so I feel compelled to post a report with the highlights of a recent trip to the island. We started with 2 nights in Bouillante Read more
I am planning a trip for me boyfriend and I for the last week in March into April...roughly 6-8 days. I'm torn between these three islands although if someone has a suggestions I haven't mentioned please Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more