- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Restaurant de la Vieille Tour
Restaurant de la Vieille Tour Review
A historic sugar mill is the backdrop for the artistic creations here, which take refined French cuisine and incorporate culinary trends and local produce. As the hotel's only restaurant, it has to be all things to all guests. The lunch menu is a mix of classic restaurant food and lighter dishes. A formule (prix fixe) of a main course, a starter or dessert, a glass of wine, and coffee is available for €42. A Creole menu is available on Thursday and Sunday nights; other evenings feature a more classically French menu. Roasted veal rib with chanterelles and seared sea scallops topped with passion-fruit butter are elegantly delicious. Desserts are dazzling, with lots of towers, sauces, and glacés. On Friday and Saturday nights, a piano man plays.
- Address: Auberge de la Vieille Tour, Rte. 1, Montauban 97, Gosier, Grande-Terre 97190
- Phone: 0590/84–23–23
- Location: Grande-Terre
- Reservations essential.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I know there are not many (any!) trip reports about Guadeloupe on this board, so I feel compelled to post a report with the highlights of a recent trip to the island. We started with 2 nights in Bouillante Read more
I am planning a trip for me boyfriend and I for the last week in March into April...roughly 6-8 days. I'm torn between these three islands although if someone has a suggestions I haven't mentioned please Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more