- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Patrick's Local Homestyle Cooking
Patrick's Local Homestyle Cooking Review
The fixed tasting menu of 20 or more local dishes, served family-style, will astound you—it's Grenadian home-style cooking at its casual best. The restaurant, in a tiny cottage on the outskirts of St. George's, is named for the late and very charismatic chef Patrick Lavine. You'll sample successive helpings of superb callaloo or pumpkin soup, lobster salad, codfish fritters, breadfruit salad, ginger pork, fried jacks (fish), cou-cou (cornmeal cakes), lambi creole, curried goat, stir-fried rabbit, oildown, rice pelau (layered with meat and vegetables), starchy tannia (yautia) cakes with shrimp, green papaya in cheese sauce, carrot or banana cake, and more—all for $23 per person. Everything is cooked fresh, so you must call ahead for reservations.
- Address: Lagoon Rd., opposite Grenada Yacht Services St. George's
- Phone: 473/440–0364
- Location: Grenada
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We booked True Blue Sports Fishing in June for a 1/2 day trip. Read more
Photos from the trip:
Having endured a tough 2010, both wife and I had looked forward to some totally chill down time on the islands. Read more
There are so many places in the Caribbean to look - I don't even know where to start. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more