- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Laurena II Review
As you approach this popular restaurant and bar, just a few giant steps from the ferry wharf, you're greeted by the unmistakable scent of authentic Jamaican jerk chicken and pork. That's the specialty (and personal favorite) of chef Purgeon Reece, who hails from Negril, although his menu also includes other local and regional dishes such as curried goat, baked chicken, or grilled fish with rice and peas. Daily specials are posted on a street-side blackboard. This "jerk center" is definitely a casual spot, the best bet for a delicious lunch, and a good place to catch the local vibe.
- Address: Main St., Hillsborough, Carriacou
- Phone: 473/443–8333
- Location: Carriacou
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We booked True Blue Sports Fishing in June for a 1/2 day trip. Read more
Photos from the trip:
Having endured a tough 2010, both wife and I had looked forward to some totally chill down time on the islands. Read more
There are so many places in the Caribbean to look - I don't even know where to start. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more