Atlantic Standard Time is observed year-round. From November to March, when it's 9 am in New York, Boston, and Miami, it's 10 am in the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic does not observe Daylight Savings Time: so during months when Daylight Savings Time is in effect back in the States, it's the same time on the island as it is on the East Coast.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe