Atlantic Standard Time is observed year-round. From November to March, when it's 9 am in New York, Boston, and Miami, it's 10 am in the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic does not observe Daylight Savings Time: so during months when Daylight Savings Time is in effect back in the States, it's the same time on the island as it is on the East Coast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's