Playa Los Patos
Playa Los Patos Review
This beautifully long beach is bisected by a river and well populated with buses full of Dominican and international tourists every weekend. During the week, you may see the ladies of this poor pueblito bathing their children and doing their laundry in this, the shortest river in the Caribbean. Bordering the river is a row of colorful cooking shacks with names scrawled on the side. Most sell fried fish on the bone with tostones—sometimes it comes with rice and beans or salad. Some expats prefer the blue shack next to the fried-chicken queen's, to the left of the front entrance. Others say that the ones to the right don't price gouge. When they tell you what they offer, be sure to ask the price. A food plate should range anywhere from RD$150 to RD$400. If they start quoting RD$3,000, keep looking.
- Address: Hwy. 44, Los Patos, 81000
- Location: Pedernales
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more