Playa Bahoruco Review
In front of the fishing village of the same name, this gorgeous stretch of virgin beach goes on for miles with unobstructed views. Taupe sand surrounds the white stones that are underfoot. Turn left at the sign for the former Barceló Bahoruco Hotel. Surfers come for the small waves, and there is some undertow. You may see some small blue larimar pebbles on the beach (otherwise you can buy them from local children). You may want to take lunch (or dinner) at Restaurant Luz, and leave your belongings there when you swim. Locals and some expats love this homey seafood eatery, and don't seem to mind that they are eating on tables covered with bed throws.
- Address: Km 17, Carretera de la Costa, 8 mi (17 km) southwest of Barahona Bahoruco, 82000
- Location: Barahona
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Crystal Cruises ships début in nine European ports this summer.... Read more
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more