Playa El Quemaito
Playa El Quemaito Review
Although just down from Casa Blanca and Hotel El Quemaito, this beach is seldom populated during the week, so never swim alone. It's usually dead calm because of a small reef; consequently, it's safe even for small children to swim here. White stones are interspersed with white patches of sand where you can put down your towel—but be sure to keep your belongings safe. There are no facilities, but you could take lunch or have drinks at Hotel El Quemaito.
- Address: Km 16, Carretera de la Costa, 9 mi (16 km) southwest of Barahona Juan Esteban, 81000
- Location: Barahona
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more