Pedernales is the name of the peninsula on the DR's southernmost shore, the location of three national parks. They are the biggest reason why ecotourists are starting to gravitate here. The physical beauty and diversity of landscape is not inconsiderable. Pedernales is also the name of the town on the DR's border with Haiti, where the best of the natural sites are located, particularly in Parque Nacional Jaragua and the famous Bahía de las Águilas.
Elsewhere in The Southwest
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe