The Southwest: Places to Explore
Barahona is a noisy, smoky midsize city; it's the least cosmopolitan city of its kind in the Dominican Republic. The primary mode of transportation is the motor scooter or motorcycle, and there's...
Pedernales is the name of the peninsula on the DR's southernmost shore, the location of three national parks. They are the biggest reason why ecotourists are starting to gravitate here. The...
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's