Getting Here and Around
Barahona is a very walkable city, although it's best to stroll during daylight. Many of Barahona's motorcycle drivers act as motoconchos, meaning they are for hire for short distances. There are also taxis (some vans). Most of these are "freelance" or street taxis, and all of them are quite beat up.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe