Getting Here and Around
Barahona is a very walkable city, although it's best to stroll during daylight. Many of Barahona's motorcycle drivers act as motoconchos, meaning they are for hire for short distances. There are also taxis (some vans). Most of these are "freelance" or street taxis, and all of them are quite beat up.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's