- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can plot your course depending on which area of the Southeast Coast you choose to stay in. One possibility is to break up your stay with half of your days spent in the Juan Dolio area, where you can make easy forays into the capital and tour the Colonial Zone, take lunch at one of the great seafood restaurants on Boca Chica's beach, and dive the sites in the area. If you spend half of your time in La Romana or the Bayahibe/Dominicus area, you can take wonderful excursions, particularly to the islands that are in that region.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe