- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Café del Sol
Café del Sol Review
Relax on a double chaise, snooze on a beach bed, or drink something bubbly as you dine on boat-fresh fish and local shellfish (including lobster) from the grill. Although not wildly innovative, the menu offers something more than the usual (ceviche de coco, for instance). And you can order lobster burritos and red snapper Veracruzana, as well as burgers and pizzas along with your icy agua verde (the local slang for Presidente beer, in green bottle). Although this beach café was originally built for the guests of the nearby Embassy Suites and the members of Metro Country Club, it is open to the public by reservation only. Always note the name of the person who takes your reservation, who should give your name to the security guard. Sunday is the big party day.
- Address: Calle Principal, next to the Shell station, it's a gated wood entrance Playa Guyacanes, Juan Dolio, 21000
- Phone: 809/526–1559
- Location: Juan Dolio
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No dinner mid-week.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We stayed in Santo Domingo before and did tourist attractions within two days. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more