Café del Sol
Café del Sol Review
Relax on a double chaise, snooze on a beach bed, or drink something bubbly as you dine on boat-fresh fish and local shellfish (including lobster) from the grill. Although not wildly innovative, the menu offers something more than the usual (ceviche de coco, for instance). And you can order lobster burritos and red snapper Veracruzana, as well as burgers and pizzas along with your icy agua verde (Presidente beer its in green bottle). This beach café was originally built for Embassy Suites’ guests and members of Metro Country Club; it is open to the public but by reservation only. Always note the person’s name who takes your reservation, who should give your name to the security guard.
- Address: Calle Principal, next to the Shell station, it's a gated wood entrance, Playa Guyacanes, Juan Dolio, 21000
- Phone: 809/526–1559
- Location: Juan Dolio
- Reservations essential
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No dinner mid-week.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Lovely beach. Very nice airport. People at this resort are super-friendly. Service is excellent. Honorable ment... Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. In VRBO it ... Read more