- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Casita Review
On the waterfront at the Casa de Campo Marina, La Casita (a spin-off of the original in downtown La Romana) has a contemporary feel; at night dramatic lighting positioned over waterfront tables casts a beautifying glow. Professional waiters guide you through the menu of pastas, risottos, shellfish stew, and paella, which reflects the Spanish owner's heritage (Sra. Martinez is on-site caring for her guests). Prices can be high, but many mains are large enough to be shared. Ask for a waterfront table and be adament that you do not want to sit near the kitchen door.
- Address: Casa de Campo Marina, La Romana, 22000
- Phone: 809/523–2529; 809/523–3333
- Location: La Romana
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch. Closed Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
Looking to surprise my wife with a vacation to celebrate our 15 year anniversary next summer. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more