- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Casita Review
On the waterfront at the Casa de Campo Marina, La Casita (a spin-off of the original in downtown La Romana) has a contemporary feel; at night dramatic lighting positioned over waterfront tables casts a beautifying glow. Professional waiters guide you through the menu of pastas, risottos, shellfish stew, and paella, which reflects the Spanish owner's heritage (Sra. Martinez is on-site caring for her guests). Prices can be high, but many mains are large enough to be shared. Ask for a waterfront table and be adament that you do not want to sit near the kitchen door.
- Address: Casa de Campo Marina, La Romana, 22000
- Phone: 809/523–2529; 809/523–3333
- Location: La Romana
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch. Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We stayed in Santo Domingo before and did tourist attractions within two days. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more