- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Casita Review
On the waterfront at the Casa de Campo Marina, La Casita (a spin-off of the original in downtown La Romana) has a contemporary feel; at night dramatic lighting positioned over waterfront tables casts a beautifying glow. Professional waiters guide you through the menu of pastas, risottos, shellfish stew, and paella, which reflects the Spanish owner's heritage (Sra. Martinez is on-site caring for her guests). Prices can be high, but many mains are large enough to be shared. Ask for a waterfront table and be adament that you do not want to sit near the kitchen door.
- Address: Casa de Campo Marina, La Romana, 22000
- Phone: 809/523–2529; 809/523–3333
- Location: La Romana
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch. Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We are a family of four adults traveling in early June from Boston. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more