- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Playa de la Pescador
Playa de la Pescador Review
This restaurant's Eastern European owner has gained a loyal following among the expat set for his cuisine, which is paired with German and Belgian beers, grappa, cognacs, and good half-bottles of wine. This rustic, two-story palapa offers romantic seating topside, on the sand, or in the open-air dining room. Pumpernickel bread arrives with the well-priced, bilingual menu. Seafood comes off one of the moored boats, so you can order the seviche with confidence. The mixed grilled shellfish is enough for two and can include a lobster from the tank. Sunday offers a locally popular barbecue, which can be overcrowded. You'll find the best service at dinner, but lunch midweek is calm, and you can find a lounge chair and go for a swim.
- Address: Playa Guayacanes, Guyacanes, 21000
- Phone: 809/526–2613
- Location: Juan Dolio
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We are a family of four adults traveling in early June from Boston. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more