- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Playa de la Pescador
Playa de la Pescador Review
This restaurant's Eastern European owner has gained a loyal following among the expat set for his cuisine, which is paired with German and Belgian beers, grappa, cognacs, and good half-bottles of wine. This rustic, two-story palapa offers romantic seating topside, on the sand, or in the open-air dining room. Pumpernickel bread arrives with the well-priced, bilingual menu. Seafood comes off one of the moored boats, so you can order the seviche with confidence. The mixed grilled shellfish is enough for two and can include a lobster from the tank. Sunday offers a locally popular barbecue, which can be overcrowded. You'll find the best service at dinner, but lunch midweek is calm, and you can find a lounge chair and go for a swim.
- Address: Playa Guayacanes, Guyacanes, 21000
- Phone: 809/526–2613
- Location: Juan Dolio
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We stayed in Santo Domingo before and did tourist attractions within two days. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more