- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Playa Boca Chica
Playa Boca Chica Review
You can walk far out into warm, calm, clear waters protected by coral reefs here. On weekends, the strip with the rest of the midrise resorts is busy, drawing mainly Dominican families and some Europeans. But midweek is better, when the beaches are less crowded. Sadly, on the public beach you will be pestered and hounded by a parade of roving sellers of cheap jewelry and sunglasses, hair braiders, seafood cookers, ice-cream men, and masseuses (who are usually peddling more than a simple beach massage). Young male prostitutes also roam the beach and often hook up with older European and Cuban men. The best section of the public beach is in front of Don Emilio's (the blue hotel), which has a restaurant, bar, decent bathrooms, and parking. Better, go to one of the nicer waterfront restaurants—Boca Marina Restaurat & Lounge, El Pelicano,
Neptuno's Club,—and skip the public beach altogether. Amenities: Food and drink; toilets; parking.
Best For: partiers; sunset; swimming; walking.
- Address: Autopista Las Américas, 21 miles (34 km) east of Santo Domingo Boca Chica, 21000
- Location: Boca Chica
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We stayed in Santo Domingo before and did tourist attractions within two days. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more