The Southeast Coast Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Southeast Coast Restaurant Reviews
Dining options in the Southeast are as varied as the quality of the accommodations. You can eat like the locals in little side-of-the-road Dominican cafés, where you will always find moro (the traditional mixture of rice and beans). There are a good number of international and seafood restaurants on the waterfront in the town of (old) Juan Dolio and nearby Guyacanes.
Some of the region's most sophisticated dining is found at the Casa de Campo resort and in its Altos de Chavón and the Casa de Campo Marina. The village of Bayahibe has a handful of seafood restaurants, some with French and or Italian influences. Of course, much of the food consumption goes on at the all-inclusive resorts. Quality varies among the resorts and even within each individual hotel, from their à la carte restaurants to their buffeterias, where the abundance is legendary.
Browse The Southeast Coast Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe