- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Casa de Campo Golf. The famed 18-hole Teeth of the Dog course at Casa de Campo, with seven holes on the sea, is ranked as the number-one course in the Caribbean and is among the top courses in the world (coming in 47th in the Top 100 Courses of the World rankings released in late 2011). Greens fees in high season for nonhotel guests are $325 per round per golfer; $185 per round per player for guests. The Teeth of the Dog also requires a caddy for each round, an additional $25 (plus tip). Pete Dye has designed this and two other globally acclaimed courses here. Dye Fore, now with a total of 27 holes, is close to Altos de Chavón, hugging a cliff that looks over the sea, a river, Dominican mountains, and the marina (in high season: $250 for nonguests, $185 for guests). The Links is an 18-hole inland course (in high season: $175 for nonguests; $155 for hotel guests). Resort guests must reserve tee times for all courses at least one day in advance; nonguests should make reservations earlier. Jim McLean operates a golf school at Casa de Campo; an instructor is on site year-round. Half- and full-day lessons are available to individuals and groups; one-hour private lessons for adults are priced at $150. La Romana, 22000. 809/523–3333 resort; 809/523–8115 golf director. www.casadecampo.com.do.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's