- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Marlin and wahoo, dolphinfish, and barracuda are among the fish that folks angle for here (fishing is best between January and June).
Casa de Campo Marina. Casa de Campo Marina is the best charter option in the La Romana area. Yachts (22 to 60 footers) are available for deep-sea fishing charters for half or full days. Prices go from $708 to $1,591. They can come equipped with rods, bait, dinghies, drinks and experienced guides. Going out for the big billfish that swim the depths of the Caribbean is a major adrenaline rush. Casa de Campo, Calle Barlovento 3, La Romana, 22000. 809/523–3333 3165; 809/523–3333 3166.
Puerto Bahia Marina. This stunning marina on the north end of pristine Samaná Bay is a relatively new entity and is a first-class, full -service facility with slips from 40 to 150 feet. This marina not only has the necessary amenities, including fuel (cash only), restrooms with showers, 24-hour security, garbage pick-up, Internet access, water taxis, car rentals and drivers, but all the services and facilities of The Bannister Hotel. Carretera Sanchez - Samaná, Km.5, Santa Bárbara de Samaná. 809/503–6363 or 855/503 Ext. 6363. www.puertobahiasamana.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe