The Southeast Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
"The Teeth of the Dog.": The kings' course of Casa de Campo is one of the top golf courses in the Caribbean. Other great courses are at Guavaberry Resort and Metro Country Club.
Altos de Chavón: This re-creation of a 16th-century Italian hill town is filled with restaurants and shops with lots of high-end, often unique merchandise.
Casa de Campo Marina: Resembling the famed marina in Portofino, Casa de Campo's yacht-filled marina is a great dining and shopping destination, too.
Diving at La Caleta: Close to Juan Dolio, this underwater national park is considered one of the country's best dive sites.
A day trip to Isla Saona: Sail or speed out to this island to enjoy a day of sun and sea and snorkeling energized by a barbecue lunch buffet and rum drinks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's