- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Privately owned air-conditioned buses are the cheapest way to get around the country and connect Puerto Plata with Santo Domingo. The one-way fare is about $7.50, and the trip takes 3½ hours. Just be aware that buses can be packed, especially on weekends and holidays.
Caribe Tours (809/221–4422.)
Metro Buses (809/227–0101 in Santo Domingo; 809/586–6062 in Puerto Plata; 809/587–4711 in Santiago.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's