- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Babanuco Bar & Restaurant
Babanuco Bar & Restaurant Review
You want rustic? This is genuine. Furniture might be a tree stump, decoration a cow horn; tablecloths are raw burlap. The floor is dirt. In the bar hang vintage license plates from French Canada, the United States, and the Netherlands. The food served up by chef-owner Juan Alberto is flavorful and authentic, with seafood a specialty of the house. Try langoustines (baby lobsters) and lambi (conch), pulpo (octopus), land crab, and fillet of fresh, fresh fish. And Juan goes that extra mile, past the ubiquitous creole sauce, like conch in mushroom sauce with fried green bananas and salad. It's cheaper and even more fun if you come with a group. Make a party, and with some notice he can hire musicians for you.
- Address: Off Carretera Río San Juan–Cabrera Entrada de Saltadero, Cabrera
- Phone: 829/338–8707
- Location: Cabrera
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We stayed in Santo Domingo before and did tourist attractions within two days. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more