- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ocean World Marina. This state-of-the art marina is strategically positioned between the heavily traveled Florida-Bahamas region and the Puerto Rico–eastern Caribbean region. It has filled a large 300-mile (480-km) void on the North Coast where no full-service marina previously existed. The 35-acre complex has 120 slips that accommodate sailboats of up to 200 feet. It is a port of entry with its own immigration and customs office, concierge, laundry and shower facilities, duty-free shop, food and liquor store, car-rental service (even hourly rentals), and marina store with fishing supplies, as well as an entertainment clubhouse, nightclub, and casino. 3 miles (5 km) west of Puerto Plata, Cofresí, 57000. 809/970–3373 or 809/291–1111. www.oceanworldmarina.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's