- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Playa Grande Golf Course. Playa Grande Golf Course, between Río San Juan and Cabrera on the North Coast, is sometimes described as the Pebble Beach of the Caribbean, with 10 holes along 60-foot cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. It carries the signature of Robert Trent Jones Sr. (At this writing a much-delayed plan to privatize the area into a golf-themed residential complex still hadn't come to pass.) Greens fees to play the 18-hole, par-72 course are $120 ($65 for 9 holes); all fees include the cost of a mandatory cart. Caddies, also mandatory, are an additional $30 for 18 holes, $22 for 9. Dress code dictates no tank tops, bikinis, or cutoffs. There's a pro shop as well as an open-air bar and restaurant offering a few dishes, including fish and burgers. Know that in the winter this course is heavily booked; call as far in advance as possible to find a time slot. Carretera Río San Juan–Cabrera, Km 9, Cabrera. 809/582–0860. www.playagrande.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's