- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cabrera, Abreu, Río San Juan, and the Playa Grande area are largely unspoiled and pristine coastal areas. There's a raw beauty, with some beaches that are still completely undeveloped, soaring cliffs overlooking pounding ocean waves, and towering inland hills with sweeping vistas not seen elsewhere on the North Coast. In addition, there are some of the most luxurious villa choices in the country. These high-end holiday homes, which are far away from the action and the bustle of Sosúa and Cabarete, will appeal primarily to those who wish to avoid noise. The area in general attracts a more moneyed crowd—mostly baby boomers—who want an upscale experience, as well as couples or friends who want to share a house and enjoy the amazing beaches.
Cabrera at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's