Sights & Attractions in Santo Domingo
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Santo Domingo Sights
The easiest way to start your trip to this fascinating city is to fly into Las Américas International Airport and proceed by taxi or prearranged transfer to downtown. Chances are you'll be staying in a hotel either in the Zona Colonial or on the Malecón. Much of your exploration can be done on foot—that's certainly true in the Zone—and it's easy to walk from one Malecón property to another. In other areas, including Piantini, you'll need to drive or be driven. At night it's not really safe to walk the Malecón alone, but if you're with a group it's usually fine. To be safe, take a hotel taxi. The most important thing is to have fun!
Browse Santo Domingo Sights
Browse Santo Domingo Sights By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's