- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Dolcerie Café Bistro
La Dolcerie Café Bistro Review
This cutesy, kid-friendly restaurant/bakery looks like a modern-day English tearoom. A relatively new player in Piantini's growing restaurant inventory, it's buzzing and busy for all three meals (it's the "in" brunch place for well-heeled residents of this fashionable neighborhood). Happily, it's still moderately priced, even for delicious, generous dishes like Montechristo's Medianoche Croque Madame, which includes pulled pork, the eggs Benedict dishes and the Cubano. At breakfast, they squeeze your juice and tempt you with house-made croissants and beignets. For lunch there's grilled churasco (a spicy sausage) and such sides as homemade waffle-cut fries in silver baskets. From the litany of pureed potato options, try those with caramelized onions and Manchego cheese. Finish with a rich profiterole. Snag a seat on the less noisy terrace if you can.
- Address: Rafael Augusto Sanchez 20, Piantini, Santo Domingo, 10127
- Phone: 809/338–0814
- Location: Santo Domingo
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We are a family of four adults traveling in early June from Boston. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more