Santo Domingo Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The Zona Colonial: In one of the most appealing historic districts in the Caribbean, you can check out the Casa Reales, the Alcazar de Colón at Plaza de España, and the New World's oldest cathedral—still in service at Parque Colón.
Wining and dining: Partake of the city's sophisticated restaurant scene, from the Zona Colonial to restaurants in the top hotels along the Malecón, and best yet, in upscale residential districts like Piantini.
Quality shopping: Whether souvenir shopping on Calle El Conde, buying Dominican cigars and rum, or designer clothing in Piantini, you can find bargains here on quality goods.
Love the nightlife: Start at a small, artsy bar in the Zona, then go dancing at one of the clubs. When they close, carry on to one of the hotel bars, like Meliá's club Coppa, which is a late-night haunt.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's