In Santiago, freelance guides hang out at the Heroes Monument and can give tours in English for about $25 for an hour. Make certain that they are wearing government-issued IDs. Vacation Tours, a travel agency with an office in the Hotel Gran Almirante in Santiago, can also arrange city tours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's