Santiago and the Cibao Valley Feature
Top Reasons to Go
Centro de Leon: Santiago's impressive art museum is worth several hours of your time, and your visit can include lunch and a tour of the replicated cigar factory, circa 1900.
Head to the water: An excursion to the Dominican Republic's mountainous Cordillera Central can include white-water rafting and visits to waterfalls.
Exploring Santiago: The relatively slow-paced city has an impressive district of buildings, a few from the Colonial era and a number from Victorian times. Spanish ancestry is more apparent here than anywhere else in the country
Carnaval in Santiago or La Vega: Carnival in Santiago or La Vega is one of the quintessential Dominican experiences. It's wild, but if you have the right spirit, it can be a fun, memorable party.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's