- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are a number of tour operators based in Las Terrenas. The best is Flora Tours, which will help you book all possible trips, rentals, and tours, including visits to Los Haitises and snorkel trips to Playa Jackson.
If seeing the sights from the air is more your style, AeroDomca offers 15-, 30-, and 45-minute helicopter tours from El Portillo Airfield (just east of Las Terrenas). Flights are inexpensive, starting at $25.
Samaná Tourist Service is a local travel agency that arranges flights, transportation, excursions, and hotel stays.
Flora Tours (Calle Principal Duarte, Las Terrenas. 809/240-5482. www.flora-tours.net.)
Escapade Samana (The Bannister Hotel, Carretera Sanchez Km. 5, Puerto Bahia, Samaná. 829/946–5202 or 849/206–9361. www.escapadesamana.com.)
Dominican Shuttles (Las Américas. 809/738–3014; 809/481–0707 Cell.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe