- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
American offers connections to El Catey Airport in Samaná from San Juan. All other flights come from other points in the Dominican Republic. Flights from other airports are relatively cheap and frequent.
The peninsula has two airports with regular service. El Catey (AZS) is a 30-minute drive from Las Terrenas and a 40-minute drive from Samaná town. El Portillo (EPS) is just a few miles east of Las Terrenas.
AeroDomca flies three times daily from Las Isabella domestic airport in Santo Domingo to El Portillo and back for $75 each way. AeroDomca offers charter flights to all airports in the Dominican Republic, as well as helicopter transfers to all Dominican airports.
Another small domestic airline, DominicanShuttles.com, flies daily from Punta Cana to El Catey for $149 and El Portillo for $149. All costs are for one-way service.
AeroDomca (Plaza La Calinda, Las Terrenas. 809/240–6571 or 809/538–2740. www.aerodomca.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's