- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
American offers connections to El Catey Airport in Samaná from San Juan. All other flights come from other points in the Dominican Republic. Flights from other airports are relatively cheap and frequent.
The peninsula has two airports with regular service. El Catey (AZS) is a 30-minute drive from Las Terrenas and a 40-minute drive from Samaná town. El Portillo (EPS) is just a few miles east of Las Terrenas.
AeroDomca flies three times daily from Las Isabella domestic airport in Santo Domingo to El Portillo and back for $75 each way. AeroDomca offers charter flights to all airports in the Dominican Republic, as well as helicopter transfers to all Dominican airports.
Another small domestic airline, DominicanShuttles.com, flies daily from Punta Cana to El Catey for $149 and El Portillo for $149. All costs are for one-way service.
AeroDomca (Plaza La Calinda, Las Terrenas. 809/240-6571 or 809/538-2740. www.aerodomca.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $98 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Eco Beach Resort, 15% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $48 & up -- Puerto Plata Lifestyle Beach Resort, 30% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $569 & up -- All-Incl. Dominican Republic Trip, 4-Nts. w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $102 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Family Friendly Resort — $102 CheapCaribbean.com
- $569 & up -- All-Incl. La Romana Trip w/Air, Kids Stay Free — $569 CheapCaribbean.com