- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Terrasse Review
The unassuming charm of this adorable, whitewashed restaurant can rival relaxed beachfront dining anywhere.
It has always one of the most popular restaurants in Pueblo de los Pescadores and has been rebuilt after a devastating fire in 2012. What sets it apart is the care taken by its founding European owner, Willy Barrera, who is still the dominating presence. The menu, although not wildly inventive, is consistently good, as is the service. Specials might feature "sun-inspired" dishes like sunny-yellow zucchini blossoms deep-fried until they're crispy and perfect. Tuna steak is served sesame-encrusted with a soy-based sauce, and the octopus is especially delicious. A surprisingly good wine selection is stored in a wine refrigerator.
- Address: Pueblo de los Pescadores, Las Terrenas
- Phone: 809/240–6730
- Location: Las Terrenas
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We are a family of four adults traveling in early June from Boston. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more