- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Beach Review
Some of the best food in Samaná is served up for lunch (and lunch only) in a wooden, Caribbean-Victorian bungalow on Playa Cosón—which is decidedly not the usual beach shack. Hidden past a long stretch of lawn and behind a grove of coconut trees on a 12-mile stretch of virgin beach, The Beach is an alfresco terrace restaurant decorated with the same exquisite taste as its big sister, The Peninsula House. The daily menu changes based on what fresh ingredients, fish, and lobster are available. Cooking is refined: a terrine of roasted beets and fresh goat cheese, or langostinos in passion fruit butter. Lunch here on fine china makes for a cherished travel memory.
- Address: Playa Cosón, Las Terrenas
- Phone: 809/962–7447
- Location: Las Terrenas
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We are a family of four adults traveling in early June from Boston. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more