- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Beach Review
Some of the best food in Samaná is served up for lunch (and lunch only) in a wooden, Caribbean-Victorian bungalow on Playa Cosón—which is decidedly not the usual beach shack. Hidden past a long stretch of lawn and behind a grove of coconut trees on a 12-mile stretch of virgin beach, The Beach is an alfresco terrace restaurant decorated with the same exquisite taste as its big sister, The Peninsula House. The daily menu changes based on what fresh ingredients, fish, and lobster are available. Cooking is refined: a terrine of roasted beets and fresh goat cheese, or langostinos in passion fruit butter. Lunch here on fine china makes for a cherished travel memory.
- Address: Playa Cosón, Antiqua carretera de Playa Coson (Old Beach Road), Las Terrenas, 32000
- Phone: 809/962–7447
- Location: Las Terrenas
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We stayed in Santo Domingo before and did tourist attractions within two days. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more