- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Surfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, and kite surfing are popular in Las Terrenas. Playa Cosón has the best breaks. Playa Bonita is another popular spot, because, as on Cosón, there are no rocks. Two-hour lessons are $35, and a one-day board rental runs $25; it's usually $15 for half a day.
Las Terrenas Divers. Las Terrenas Divers rents surf and Boogie boards and gives surfing lessons and has other water-sport adventures, as well. Hotel Bahía Las Ballenas, Playa Punta Bonita, Las Terrenas. 809/889–2422. www.lt-divers.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's