- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The shipwrecks and coral reefs a few minutes by boat off Las Galeras make for decent diving, though there aren't too many fish here. Las Galeras Divers has a little office in town as well as a stand at the beach at the town's only all-inclusive, which is still known locally as Casa Marina, even though the name has changed to Grand Paradise Samaná. The company's PADI-certified instructors are eager to take you out.
Las Galeras Divers. This is a professional, safety-conscious operation. Owner Serge is a PADI, OWSI and Nitrox instructor, and every level of PADI course is offered. Diving lessons and trips are offered in English, French, and Spanish, and diving equipment rentals are also available. Two-tank dives excrsions are $75; discounts are given to groups, families, and divers who want a package deal. Calle Principal, Las Galeras. 809/538-0220. www.las-galeras-divers.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $98 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Eco Beach Resort, 15% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $48 & up -- Puerto Plata Lifestyle Beach Resort, 30% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $489 & up -- Punta Cana All-Inclusive Vacations w/Air Vacation Express
- $102 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Family Friendly Resort — $102 CheapCaribbean.com
- $569 & up -- All-Incl. Dominican Republic Trip, 4-Nts. w/Air — $569 CheapCaribbean.com