- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fares in Punta Cana are high, and there are set fares between resorts and the airport or other popular destinations. It's not uncommon to be charged US$40 for a 20-minute ride if you book through your resort's concierge. At Plaza Bávaro shopping center, where many taxis are standing around—and especially if you can negotiate in Spanish—you can get one for a fraction of that price. There are no meters, so confirm the rate with the driver before beginning your trip.
Arena Gorda Taxi (Arena Gorda. 809/552–0711.)
Siutratural Taxi Service (Plaza Meliá, Bávaro. 809/552–0617. Carretera Friusa. 809/221–2741.)
Taxi Verón (Carretera Bávaro-Punta Cana, cruce de Verón, Verón. 809/455–1222 or 809/466–1133.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's