When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
Punta Cana's climate is generally inviting to beach lovers and outdoors enthusiasts year-round, with temperatures averaging in the 80s during the day and dipping into the 70s in the evening. Although an abundance of sunshine prevails most days, tropical downpours are not uncommon at any time, but they usually last no more than 15 minutes. Longer tropical storms are possible at any time of the year, too, but they are more prevalent in September and October, during the typical Caribbean hurricane season, which spans from June through November. Many North Americans head to Punta Cana from mid-November through March, which encompasses the high season from December through February. Whenever you go, book early, as Punta Cana resorts run at high occupancy, particularly in high season.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's