- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Playa Blanca Review
On a white-sand beach shaded by coco palms, this understatedly cool seafood restaurant is efficient, friendly, and fun. Start with a perfectly executed cocktail—like a lime or mango daiquiri. Food is savvy and simple—fresh fish is still a staple; opt for fried or grilled. Each winter season the offerings have become more creative. The prices are an excellent value for the amount of creativity and skill involved in dish creations, and there are pasta, risotto, and ravioli dishes to fill out the rest of the menu. You usually have to pay for the sides, but a bit more for some yucca mashed with blue cheese—why not? The best dessert is the chocolate fondant filled with molten dulce de leche, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Address: Puntacana Resort & Club, Playa Blanca Punta Cana
- Phone: 809/959–2714 Ext. 2233
- Location: Punta Cana
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
Anyone know of a great massage place in Punta Cana (not in resorts)? Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
If you think that Punta Cana is all sun-drenched beaches, massaged, and pina coladas, you're right.... Read more
The words plush, perks, and pool make a really good combination, don't you think?... Read more