Punta Cana Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Punta Cana Restaurant Reviews
Punta Cana's mushrooming growth has spawned a smattering of nonresort restaurants that might entice you to venture off the grounds of your all-inclusive resort and eat at least some meals elsewhere. Although the options are still limited outside the resorts, there are now options that include familiar American chains like Hard Rock Cafe, oceanfront cafés, and top-notch restaurants on the grounds of boutique hotels. However, even the more remote areas have at least a few local restaurants beyond those listed here that are worth seeking out if you are adventurous. You might find good food, good value, and friendly service, but keep in mind that the farther you go off the beaten track, the more unlikely it is that English will be spoken.
The majority of visitors to the region are guests at all-inclusives, and eat most—if not all—of their meals at the resort where they are staying, for reasons of convenience as well as budget. Generally, a variety of options are included in all price plans at any given resort, typically including a main buffet open for all daily meals. In addition, most all-inclusive resorts offer at least one or two à la carte restaurants with the standard package; the largest resorts may have five or more. In cases where a "VIP" package is offered, there's usually at least one exclusive restaurant for guests on this plan. For the à la carte restaurants in most resorts, dinner reservations are usually necessary, especially in high season.
A dinner dress code barring shorts, tank tops, and beachwear is fairly standard at the à la carte restaurants. Although jackets are not typically expected, some restaurants require long pants, closed shoes, and collared shirts for men. Check ahead at your resort if you're looking for more casual options.
Browse Punta Cana Restaurants
Browse Punta Cana Restaurants By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $199 -- AAA 5-Diamond Cancun Beachfront Resort, 40% Off JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
- $129 -- Puerto Rico: San Juan Beachfront Resort, 40% Off El San Juan Resort & Casino
- $599 & up -- La Romana 'Dreams' Beach Resort w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $175-$191 -- Grand Cayman Beachfront Resort w/$75 Credit — $175-$191 The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa