Punta Cana Experience
Top Reasons to Go
All-Inclusive Resorts: If you want everything in one package, Punta Cana is one of the top destinations in the Caribbean for the AI concept. If you don't leave the resort or avail yourself of spa treatments (and many guests do not), aside from your tourist card, a souvenir, and a few extra tips, you'll likely spend very little beyond the upfront costs. Drinks, food, activities, entertainment: it's all included.
Sun, sand, and sea: Sink your toes in the cool sand at water's edge and soak up the sun as you watch the white-capped tide roll in. Punta Cana has some of the best beaches in the Caribbean.
Great golf: It's a destination of choice for serious golfers, who come to play at the area's many renowned golf courses—for example, Punta Espada or the Faldo Legacy Course.
Vibrant music and dance: Take a merengue or bachata lesson and hit the dance floor. The nightlife doesn't get any better than at Imagine, built into a cave, or Mangú, at the Occidental Grand resort.
Natural landscape: Exploring the local life, the sugarcane fields, and the countryside on any of the popular guided safari jeep tours makes a fun day.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's