- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bávaro is centrally located along the eastern coast and is a hub of tourist activity. Many of the region's all-inclusive resorts are on Playa Bávaro, and shopping plazas, restaurants, nightlife, and services have sprung up to accommodate the burgeoning number of visitors.
El Cortecito is a colorful fishing village within Bávaro. It's home to a vibrant artisans' market, where you can browse for souvenirs in the open-air stalls, as well as waterfront bars, snack stands, restaurants, and vacation apartments. Also within Bávaro, farther north along the coast is a stretch of beach known as Arena Gorda, literally "fat sand." About 20 mi (32 km) from Punta Cana International Airport, it's an area brimming with coconut groves and the location of several resorts.
Bávaro at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe