- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bávaro is centrally located along the eastern coast and is a hub of tourist activity. Many of the region's all-inclusive resorts are on Playa Bávaro, and shopping plazas, restaurants, nightlife, and services have sprung up to accommodate the burgeoning number of visitors.
El Cortecito is a colorful fishing village within Bávaro. It's home to a vibrant artisans' market, where you can browse for souvenirs in the open-air stalls, as well as waterfront bars, snack stands, restaurants, and vacation apartments. Also within Bávaro, farther north along the coast is a stretch of beach known as Arena Gorda, literally "fat sand." About 20 mi (32 km) from Punta Cana International Airport, it's an area brimming with coconut groves and the location of several resorts.
Bávaro at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's