- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Waterfront Restaurant Review
At the southern end of Roseau's bay front, this elegant and romantic restaurant overlooks the Caribbean coastline. You can dine outdoors on the wraparound verandah while listening to the sounds of the sea or indoors in the air-conditioned formal dining room. The restaurant's menu incorporates spa-vegetarian choices alongside the traditional international and local dishes. The dishes range widely, including creole specialties like callaloo soup; beef, lamb, and duck dishes; and even skewered shrimp with a Thai sauce. Tropical desserts include cheesecake and guava tart. No matter what your choice, it will be served by a friendly and efficient waitstaff. Monday night manager's cocktail is served in the Bala's Bar, followed by a Caribbean fusion buffet in the Marquis Restaurant. The steel pan band adds a nice touch to the night's events. Waterfront Restaurant is closed in September and early October, but meals are served in the Marquis Restaurant, which has a regular Monday-night buffet.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I am already starting to plan a trip to the Caribbean for early 2014 (in the cooler months - Jan thru Apr, depending on prices) and my first decision is where to go. Read more
· News & Features
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Morne Trois Pitons National Park is a 17,000-acre swath of lush, mountainous ... Read more