- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tia's Bamboo Cottages
At a Glance
- proximity to river and natural springs
- extremely helpful staff
- cottages are sparsely furnished
Tia's Bamboo Cottages Review
Tia himself built these charming but rustic cabins, which sit on the side of a hill, amid a picturesque, natural setting. The small wooden guest cottages each have a window, double bed, mosquito net, sink, toilet, and terrace with a hammock. One cottage has its own sulfur mineral pool plus a cold shower; others have hot showers. Below the cottages are two mineral springs, which guests are free to use. There's a small restaurant, open to the public, serving simple Caribbean food.
- Address: Wotton Waven, in Roseau Valley
- Phone: 767/225-4823; 767/448-1998
- Location: Dominica
- 3 cottages.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- Closed June.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Roseau Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Roseau: Save at the Garraway in May Fr $127+/Nt Expedia
I posted back in Feb/Mar on a more generic caribbean vacation we thought we'd take in April/May. Read more
· News & Features
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Morne Trois Pitons National Park is a 17,000-acre swath of lush, mountainous... Read more