- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
On the west coast, just south of the village of Pointe Michel, this stony beach is hailed as one of the best spots for swimming, diving, and (especially) snorkeling. Forget the sunning, though, because the beach is strewn with rocks. Champagne gets its name from volcanic vents that constantly puff steam into the sea, which makes you feel as if you are swimming in warm champagne. A boardwalk leads to the beach from Soufrière/Scotts Head Marine Reserve. Amenities: none. Best for: snorkeling; swimming.
- Address: 1 mi (1½ km) south of Pointe Michel, Soufrière
- Location: Dominica
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For whoever is following this, first the good news – we are no longer in the ‘spend’ freeze situation, so we can afford a little better winter getaway next year (Jan-Feb timeframe). Read more
· News & Features
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Morne Trois Pitons National Park is a 17,000-acre swath of lush, mountainous ... Read more