- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Many of the larger hotels have free shuttles into Willemstad, or you can take a quick, cheap taxi ride; hotels in Willemstad usually provide a free beach shuttle, so it's possible to get by without a car. If you're planning to do country driving or rough it through Christoffel National Park, a four-wheel-drive vehicle is best. All you need is a valid driver's license. Driving in Curaçao is on the right-hand side of the road; right turns on red are prohibited. Seat belts are required, and motorcyclists must wear helmets. Children under age four must be in child safety seats.
Car Rental: You can rent a car from any of the major car agencies at the airport or have one delivered free to your hotel. Rates are about $40-$47 a day for a compact car to $55-$65 for a four-door sedan or four-wheel-drive vehicle; add 5% tax and optional daily insurance.
Avis (5999/461-1255 or 800/331-1084. www.avis.com.)
Budget (5999/868-3466 or 800/472-3325. www.budget.com.)
Hertz (5999/888-0088. www.hertz.com.)
National Car Rental (5999/869-4433. www.nationalcar.com.)
Thrifty (5999/461-3089. www.thrifty.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe