- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Awa di Playa
Awa di Playa Review
Formerly a fisherman's hangout, this ramshackle shed-like structure located on an ocean inlet gives way to an equally ramshackle interior and some of the best local lunches anywhere on the island. There's no menu—the waiter will tell you what's available, and you can watch it being cooked in the tiny kitchen. The presentation isn't fancy, and the occasional fly makes an appearance, but the food is honest and delicious.
- Address: Behind Hook's Hut and Hilton, Piscadera Bay, Willemstad
- Phone: 5999/462–6939
- Location: Curaçao
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I get great information and enjoyment from reading all the advice and trip reports here, so I thought I'd post a link to my (rather lengthy) piece about the trip I took to Curacao at the end of February. Read more
Despite the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed the trip in Curacao, I was really lazy and didn't get to work on the photo journal of Curacao till now. Read more
My boyfriend and I (both mid 30s, no children) are looking for a Caribbean vacation in May. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more